Recruitment badges are a great way to get young people engaged in the recruitment process. These can be awarded to young people who bring friends along to Boys’ Brigade. There are three awards to gain – Bronze (1 friend), Silver (3 friends) and Gold (5 friends). These badges are currently available free of charge from David Scott, Development Officer.
Development Folder (link to Google Drive)
The Battalion has a Development Officer, and a small team of volunteers that exist to:
- Support and develop existing Boys’ Brigade Companies, including the recruitment and continued support of volunteers.
- Encourage use of the Company Development Scheme and the relevant programme material for all four sections within companies.
- Develop and improve the programme and experience offered to current members.
- Assist with the promotion of the “Engage a Generation” strategy and where possible seek to facilitate the establishment of new Boys’ Brigade companies.
- Promote training and opportunities for volunteers.
- Work in partnership with the Scottish Development Team and assist in the delivery of any national projects where appropriate.
- Promote and publicise the work of the Boys’ Brigade to relevant businesses and organisations, local Government, Churches and the general public in the Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian area.
- Work with volunteers, local media, agencies, local businesses and Churches to raise awareness of the Boys’ Brigade.
- Attend local community events to raise awareness of the Boys’ Brigade, developing good relationships with organisers and other organisations.
For more information please contact David Scott, Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 551 1200 (option 3).