The Battalion has a Development Officer, and a small team of volunteers that exist to:
- Support and develop existing Boys’ Brigade Companies, including the recruitment and continued support of volunteers.
- Encourage use of the Company Development Scheme and the relevant programme material for all four sections within companies.
- Develop and improve the programme and experience offered to current members.
- Assist with the promotion of the “Engage a Generation” strategy and where possible seek to facilitate the establishment of new Boys’ Brigade companies.
- Promote training and opportunities for volunteers.
- Work in partnership with the Scottish Development Team and assist in the delivery of any national projects where appropriate.
- Promote and publicise the work of the Boys’ Brigade to relevant businesses and organisations, local Government, Churches and the general public in the Edinburgh, Midlothian and East Lothian area.
- Work with volunteers, local media, agencies, local businesses and Churches to raise awareness of the Boys’ Brigade.
- Attend local community events to raise awareness of the Boys’ Brigade, developing good relationships with organisers and other organisations.
For more information please contact David Scott, Development Officer; at email@example.com, on 0131 551 1200 (option 3).