What is Seniors?
Seniors is for young people in Secondary 4 to Secondary 6 (15 to 18 year olds).
What do Seniors do?
Seniors take part in the Challenge Plus programme, which is made up of Projects and Challenges as follows:
- Projects: These include taster sessions that act as an introduction to a topic and are then followed by a longer project that is designed and led by the young people. Projects are grouped into 3 programme zones...
- Life Skills
- Recreation & Leisure
- Challenges: These are focussed on activities that could be completed by the group or as an individual ranging from 'Climb a Munro' to 'Review a local takeaway'.
There are also opportunities to work towards:
It's all about learning new skills, making your own decisions and having fun. BB provides a safe environment to explore new possibilities and achieve personal goals while making friends and having adventures. And it's up to each young person to work out which opportunities are relevant for them, whether it's sport's officiating, fundraising or DIY.
Every young person should also expect:
- to experience new challenges
- to be listened to and have a say
- to be respected and valued
- to have fun
- to have the opportunity to develop a personal Christian faith
What else do I need to know?
Seniors have a special uniform that they can wear. As everyone wears the same thing they feel as though they belong. However nobody is excluded because they do not have the right clothes.
How long do they meet for?
The weekly section meeting would usually run for 1½ - 2 hours and will typically be finished by 10.00pm.